Short-Term Stays Now Available
At Beth Sholom, we know that being a caregiver is a challenging job. With the rising cost of health care, along with the rapid increase in our aging population, more and more individuals are caring for loved ones in their homes—often with little to no outside help.
But what happens when the caregiver has to have surgery, wishes to go on a vacation, or simply wants a few days of recuperative time? We have a solution.
Beth Sholom’s new respite care program provides a furnished apartment for individuals needing a short-term stay. Caregivers can rest easily knowing that their loved ones will be attended to in a secure, supervised environment with licensed nurses on premises 24 hours/day. Our short-term stay option is ideal for individuals who need assisted living or skilled nursing care.
Others who can benefit from the program include individuals who are recovering from a stay in a rehabilitative center, but are not quite ready to go home. On the Beth Sholom campus, they can recuperate in one of our suites and leave the worries of housekeeping, cooking and other tasks to our staff.
Short-term stays also appeal to those who are interested in moving to one of our communities. The program allows individuals to stay in one of our apartments and experience first-hand the high quality programming, facilities and nursing care for which we are known—and meet our friendly residents.
Here’s some additional information about the program:
- Furnished private apartment with kitchenette and bathroom (The Gardens)
- Furnished private suite with access to skilled nursing (The Healthcare Center)
- Completely accessible for those with physical challenges
- Three meals a day served in one of our dining rooms
- Snacks available around-the-clock
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Assistance with dressing, bathing or other activities of daily living
- Licensed nurses on premises 24 hours/day
- Internet and cable access
- Daily activities and recreational programs, including outings
- Facilities include beauty salon/barber shop, library, and arts and crafts room
- Chaplain’s office
- On-site religious services for several denominations
- Free transportation to medical appointments, grocery stores and banks
- Exercise equipment and outpatient rehabilitative care
If you would like to learn more about arranging a short-term stay, or would like to visit our campus, please call us at (804) 421-5140.