A small, glass enclosed memory box resides outside each room in our centers devoted to those with cognitive challenges. These special boxes hold photos and other treasured memorabilia designed to spark memory, so that individuals can find their rooms.This helps set their minds at ease by minimizing confusion, while also enabling them to maintain as much independence as possible. The boxes also serve another purpose: to celebrate each individual.
Beth Sholom’s dedicated memory care communities offer warm, home-like environments for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other cognitive challenges. A wide range of programs, tailored to the special needs of the memory impaired, help residents enjoy hobbies and interests and lead meaningful lives. These stimulating daily activities include music programs and sing-alongs, yoga, exercise classes, movies ceramics, arts and crafts, aromatherapy, therapeutic cooking classes, Caring Canines, manicures, bingo, trivia, luncheons, parties and bus trips. Friendships grow easily in our small, closely-knit communities.
A low resident-to-staff ratio at each of our dedicated units allows for individualized, attentive care. Our three memory enhancement centers provide all levels of assisted living care plus additional services, including:
- Secure, safe environment
- Cueing and assistance with dressing and undressing
- Daily assistance with personal hygiene
- Incontinence management, as needed
- Daily housekeeping services
- Reminders, cueing and direction
- Specialized activities created for residents with memory impairments
- Special dining services with nursing staff available to assist and monitor intake
- Low resident-to-staff ratio
- Notation of meal and fluid intake
- Scheduled outings on weekly basis
- Quarterly care plan conference with resident and family
- Memory boxes
- Sensory garden (Parkside)
- Individual or shared rooms (The Gardens, Healthcare Center)
Memory Care Facilities at Beth Sholom
Parkside is a modern 73-unit apartment complex with a variety of floor plans for assisted living and memory care, including companion accommodations.
Learn more about Parkside.
The Gardens is a 60-unit home-like environment offering multiple floor plans, assisted living and memory care, and companion accommodations.
Learn more about The Gardens.
The Healthcare Center
The Healthcare Center is a 116-unit facility with private rooms, skilled nursing staff, inpatient rehabilitative care, and a special unit for residents with Alzheimer’s or other cognitive impairments.
Learn more about The Healthcare Center.